Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Wet Bird Takes a Break

wet bird waits for the end of the storm
There was a tropical storm passing through the area and I was at a coffee shop, watching the wind and the rain. Suddenly, this bird flew in out of the rain and just sat down on the ground. It just sat there while I watched it through the window. The overhang of the building was shielding it from the weather. I expected it to walk around and maybe fly off again but it didn't move. I went outside, got down to ground level, and took this picture, using available light. I was no more than 3 feet away from him but he didn't budge. I went back inside to do some work on my laptop. Half an hour later, the skies cleared up and the bird flew away. I guess he just needed a break. Nikon D200, ISO 800, F5.6 @ 1/30.

0 comments: