Monday, November 3, 2008

Minivan Crash on A1A

Early morning crash of a minivan on A1A
No, I didn't crash! I was driving home from Miami just before sunrise as I usually do on Monday mornings. When I reached A1A and Sunrise Blvd. in Fort Lauderdale, I saw a couple of police cars parked in the middle of the street with their lights on. It was 6am and the sun was just starting to create an orange glow on the horizon. It was quiet. There was no traffic yet. I pulled over to the side of the road and started shooting pictures of the scene. There was no ambulance and no signs of any injuries. Both airbags in the minivan were deployed. Maybe the driver had already been taken to the hospital or maybe he fled on foot. I thought it was odd that police cars were blocking the entrance to Birch State Park, which is just to the right of where I'm standing. News Helicopters arrived and circled above. By the time I left, morning traffic was being diverted away from the scene. People heading south on A1A were forced to turn around and head back north. Luckily I was already inside of the road blocks and continued home to write this blog. =)

Nikon D200, ISO 400, F4 @ 1/60

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice picture.

Have you heard of lady gaga?

Unknown said...

Why? Was she driving the minivan?